Schema Registry is a centralized repository for schemas and metadata. In this tutorial, we cover exactly what that means, and what Schema Registry provides a data pipeline in order to make it more resilient to different shapes and formats of data flowing through a system.
- Downloaded and deployed the Hortonworks DataFlow (HDF) Sandbox
Outline the different individual tutorials of the series and what the reader will learn in each one.
- Benefits of a Schema Registry– Go over what Schema Registry is and what benefits it provides a modern data architecture.
- Schema Registry Architecture – Take a closer look at what components make up this service and what makes up a schema.
- Using the Schema Registry Web Interface– Go through the task of creating a new, evolving, schema using Schema Registry’s web interface.
- Using the Java API with Scala– Optional: For developers interested in leveraging the service’s Java API to program tasks.